Moon Washington DC (Travel Guide) eBook
Moon Washington DC (Travel Guide) by Samantha Sault
English | August 7th, 2018 | ISBN: 1631219960 | 300 Pages | EPUB | 18.34 MB
History, politics, and the world's best free museums: DC is a bustling powerhouse of a city. From strolling the National Mall to hobnobbing at happy hour, get to know the capital with Moon Washington DC.
• Navigate the Neighborhoods: Follow one of our guided neighborhood walks through Penn Quarter, Dupont Circle, U Street, Adams Morgan, and more
• Explore the City: Snap the perfect photo of the Washington Monument, tour the U.S. Capitol, and explore the incredible Smithsonian museums like the African American History Museum or the Newseum. Catch a whiff of the fragrant cherry blossoms in the spring, rent a boat and paddle along the Potomac, or shop the boutiques in Georgetown
• Get a Taste of the City: Chow down on a late-night half-smoke at Ben's Chili Bowl or grab brunch and a new book from Busboys and Poets. Enjoy Michelin-starred seafood at a waterfront restaurant, order up a Chesapeake crab cake, and enjoy the city's diversity of authentic fare from Ethiopia, Afghanistan, the Philippines, and more
• Bars and Nightlife: Watch a groundbreaking performance at the Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company, catch a live band at the 9:30 Club, or dance to a DJ set at the Black Cat. Sip scotch where former presidents once did, try a five-course cocktail tasting menu, or kick back with a beer and fries at a quintessential DC dive bar
• Local Advice: Local journalist Samantha Sault shares her love of the nation's capital
• Strategic, Flexible Itineraries including the three-day best of DC, a weekend with kids, and more, plus day trips to Old Town Alexandria, Annapolis, Easton, and Shenandoah National Park
• Tips for Travelers including where to stay and how to navigate the Metro, plus advice for international visitors, LGBTQ travelers, seniors, travelers with disabilities, and families with children
• Maps and Tools like background information on the history and culture of DC, full-color photos, color-coded neighborhood maps, and an easy-to-read foldout map to use on the go
With Moon Washington DC's practical tips and local insight, you can experience the city your way.