Moon Acadia National Park (Travel Guide), 6th Edition eBook
Moon Acadia National Park (Travel Guide), 6th Edition by Hilary Nangle
English | April 24th, 2018 | ASIN: B074N34J96, ISBN: 1631217437 | 315 Pages | EPUB | 10.65 MB
Find Your Adventure with Moon Travel Guides!
Breathe in the pine-scented coastal air and discover a new kind of serenity with Moon Acadia National Park.
Inside you'll find:
• Itineraries for every timeline, budget, and travel style, ranging from one day in the park to a two-week road trip
• Full-color, vibrant photos and detailed maps
• Strategies for getting to Acadia National Park, avoiding crowds, and exploring its less-visited areas
• Expert tips for hiking, cycling, kayaking, and more, plus information on the right gear to pack
• The top activities and unique ideas for exploring the park: Pedal Acadia's famed carriage roads or take a driving tour along the scenic byways. Island-hop by sea kayak, or embark on a whale-watching excursion. Wiggle your toes in the warmth of Sand Beach, hike the remote Isle au Haut, or take a romantic horse-drawn carriage to the summit of Day Mountain. Peruse downtown Bar Harbor, take a dip in Echo Lake, and watch the sunset over a feast of freshly caught lobster
• Local insight from Mainer and Acadia expert Hilary Nangle
• Honest advice on when to go and where to stay near the park, including campgrounds, hotels, and cottages
Up-to-date information on park fees, passes, and reservations
• In-depth coverage of Acadia on Mount Desert Island, Schoodic Peninsula, Blue Hill Peninsula, Deer Isle, Isle au Haut, Ellsworth, and Trenton
• Additional coverage of gateway towns, including Bay Harbor, Northeast and Seal Harbors, the Southwest Harbor, Tremont, and islands in Mount Desert's vicinity
• Recommendations for families, LGBTQ+ travelers, seniors, international visitors, travelers with disabilities, and traveling with pets
• Thorough background on the wildlife, terrain, culture, and history
With Moon Acadia National Park's practical tips, myriad activities, and local expertise, you can plan your trip your way.